Friday, April 12, 2013

Humor in the Hard Times

What a week! In the last seven days I have been to the Dr. for the kids three times. It has been very challenging trying to navigate my own stuff as well as deal with two sick kids. I wouldn't have been able to get through it if it had not been for the help of my parents last week and the amazing and constant support and help from Dhrumil.

Mikayla with a really high fever
Mikayla had croup and Nolan ended up getting his first ear infection and also bronchiolitis. Poor Mikayla's reaction to the medicine was pretty intense and she was not a happy camper. Thankfully she is back to her old adorable, sweet and helpful self!! Nolan, on the other hand, is still dealing with being sick BUT is just constantly happy... so much so that he actually fell asleep during his last nebulizer treatment and was cracking up at Mikayla's antics while waiting for the Dr. to come listen to his breathing.

Today has been a very good day for me amidst the sickness and for that I am truly grateful. I have been able to snuggle my sweet Nolan and sniff his intoxicating baby scent... pretend I was mommy bunny to my Mimi bunny and even enjoy my Dr. "date" with Nolan.

A few laughable moments from my Drs visits...

Nolan is sick and he doesn't know it
Me: "What color should Nolan's poop be right now?"
Dr:  "Oh green, brown, yellow or a combination, but sometimes if they have something with artificial strawberry flavoring it could be a neon green"
Me: "Oh really? I just had a popsicle with strawberry flavoring I wonder if it was artificial"
Dr: Blank stare
Me: IN MY HEAD... wait that didn't come out right I meant through my nursing Nolan he could get the artificial flavoring, but she must think I think I will poop fluorescent.

Dr: "Make sure you clean out his nose"
Me: "Oh yes I got this new nose cleaner and I suck out his snot"
Dr: Blank stare
Me: IN MY HEAD... hasn't she heard of this latest invention?


No comments: