Sunday, April 7, 2013

We are Nothing

I have been dealing with feelings of inadequacy through my struggles of late. I have felt so broken that shame creeps in and I don't want to burden even those closest to me with who I am right now.

I have had discussions with two very wise and lovely friends of mine about some of these feelings and they have reminded me that

1. We are ALL broken without God!

2. We are not alone in our struggles!

3. There is no shame in what I am dealing with!

I had an image flash by me today when discussing our brokenness as humans... Voldemort. Yup you got that... my love of all things Harry Potter invade my thoughts even now. I can't remember which movie it is (one of the first), but the image of him when he is that weak gross thing that can't do anything for himself but drink unicorn blood. Anyways... that is what we all are without God. We need Him to be anything! Yes some may have it more together than others at certain times in their lives, but no one is perfect. God in our stronghold and our refuge. He will hold my hand through this valley.


1 comment:

Ali said...

{{hugs}} I have been struggling as well, ever since Jimmy was born. I just want to be me again! I will be praying for you.