Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Covered by God

These past few days I feel as though I have been covered in prayer. It is hard to explain the feeling, but it as if the rocky waves I am swimming through settled just a bit to help me feel more secure. As though I were not alone... as though I was not only holding God's loving hand, but also those of others unseen.

This feeling was solidified yesterday afternoon as I unknowingly walked to the mailbox found a few lovely notes from people I know well and some I don't really know at all. The messages were all the same... that they were thinking about me, that they were praying. I was so deeply touched by these and also conversations I have had and texts and emails... I am so amazed at the timing God uses for moments such as these. 

Jesus draw me ever nearer
                                            As I labour through the storm.
                                         You have called me to this passage,
                                            and I'll follow, though I'm worn.

                                          May this journey bring a blessing,
                                              May I rise on wings of faith;
                                         And at the end of my heart's testing,
                                              With Your likeness let me wake.
                                                  Jesus, Draw Me Ever Nearer - Keith and Kristyn Getty


No comments: