Thursday, April 22, 2010

Humpty Dumpty

As I was sitting in my Dr's office this morning for my 6 week checkup I couldn't help but recite Humpty Dumpty to myself...

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the Kings horses and all the Kings men couldn't put Humpty back together again.

If you've given birth and you aren't one of those lucky people who have had everything go back into place after 6 weeks perhaps you can relate. I would probably change the verse to read...

Mommies gave birth big and small. Mommies had their bodies change once and for all. No matter the efforts that Mommies put in they would never quite be hte same again.

Without going into detail (if you want detail email me) there are things that I never thought would happen to me and that the Dr. lovingly told me... yup that's a parting gift from Mikayla, yup that's another one. Sorry to say you will always have that and well if you want that to go back to normal you'll have to have surgery. FABULOUS.

Oh well here I come sit ups and and walking and as for the other stuff, guess I'll just have to live with it and heck all those other millions of mothers in the world look just fine... and they can't all have had their bodies go back to how they once were.

2 comments:

Nicole Chu said...

Ha, ha you are too funny! I can TOTALLY relate. But also remember it's only been a few weeks! I promise more stuff goes back to normal (or close) after more time (like months). You are gorgeous and so is your daughter so don't sweat it!

theknowlans said...

Cracking up! Love the version you made up and I also can relate big time! :)