Monday, May 10, 2010

Two Months

Mikayla was two months old on Friday. I can't believe she has only been in our lives for such a short time... it feels like much longer. The other day I was asking Dhrumil what was the first thing he could remember us doing before I was pregnant... it took him a while. It's so hard to even think how it was before. Maybe it's because she has always been in my heart... the first child I was going to have.

Today we had our two month visit and one thing is clear right now... Mikayla is tall! She is 23 inches which is in the 75th percentile. She is exactly average though with her weight which is 11 pounds. Everything else is looking good and it is such a blessing to have a healthy baby!

Mikayla is now smiling, cooing a little, enjoying her baby gym, following her mobile with extreme intensity and concentration, and trying to imitate her crazy parents as they say "ooo" "ahhh" and so on. :) She is such a good baby and is hardly ever fussy for which we are truly blessed!

After 9 weeks it's hard to believe I could love Mikayla more, but each new day I fall deeper and deeper in love with my daughter.

No comments: