Sunday, May 23, 2010

Part of Our Life

As I was drying my hair this morning a realization came over me... we're kinda getting this "having another person in our family" thing down. Of course we have our difficult days with many more to come BUT from the stage of coming home from the hospital up until now we have grown leaps and bounds.

At first Mikayla was our life... meaning we sat in the house trying to figure out what she needed before she needed it. We would jump at every little sound and fall into bed at night not knowing how many times we would be up. Now she is part of our life... we can bring her places and feel comfortable doing it, I can take a shower and know she is napping, Dhrumil and I can have time together and know she is enjoying herself in her bouncy chair and though the whole sleeping through the night thing hasn't happened yet, we are not nearly as exhausted.

It has taken us almost three months to get here, but I'm so glad we've made it this far. I cherish those first two months though and the unknown of it all. My mom always said time flies and I now see it in how fast Mikayla is growing. I'm so excited to watch a little human grow, but I also want her to remain the little bitty baby who I held in my arms in the hospital.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Yes! The three month mark is somehow magical, it takes that long to feel like you have your feet under you again. Love it! She's so big, I can't wait to see her again!