Monday, May 10, 2010

Stories of Being a Mom

Two short stories to share... both of which are new experiences for me.

#1 - First Date
Dhrumil got tickets for us to see Memphis on Broadway (an AMAZING show) and the plan was to drop Mikayla off at my sister's and then head to the show and dinner. Well being that my body is different now I didn't have anything to wear and I really wanted to feel like a hot wife and not a mommy and so I found a dress that made me feel just that. As we got ready that morning to go Mikayla had a few explosive diapers and so three outfits later we were off to NYC. Before heading to the show the plan was to nurse the baby so my sister would only have to feed her once. Well it ended up that a combo of spitup and messy baby eating got all over my dress and the stuff doesn't wash out with water. So instead of the hot wife I was again the mommy and after crying for a second (my poor brother in law has seen his share of hormonal pregnant/new mommyness breakdowns that I hope he still wants kids) and trying on my sister's dresses (we USED to be the same size) I left with Dhrumil with stains on my dress and tried to make the most of it. Though I did text my sister a few times we had a great time and I know next time will be even better.
Can you se the stains?

#2 - First Shots
They say its bad, but I wasn't prepared for it being SO hard on me. There was my precious baby who hasn't felt pain laying on the Dr's table smiling at me and Dhrumil one second and the next a look of confusion and then the LOUDEST screaming I have heard her do. Her sweet little tears ran down her face as she had 3 more shots and as I was holding her hands her wailing was unbearable! When it was all over I held her in my arms and she slowly calmed down and once she was in her car seat she fell asleep and looked peaceful again. I'm glad she forgot about it so easily because once the car door was shut I started to sob and poor Dhrumil had to deal with yet another of his girls crying. :) Thankfully Mikayla has given me big smiles since and I am just waiting for the fussiness from the boosters to set in. I am not looking forward to all the other shots to come.

What a learning process this is for me! One lesson I'm not looking forward too... balancing my husband, baby and life along with working. More on that in three weeks. :(

No comments: