Saturday, April 3, 2010

A New Place in My Heart

My sweet Willoughby. I feel so bad how I've treated him the past month. He went from being my baby to being my dog in one quick moment and I think he is a little confused and a bit depressed. :( Of course its the natural thing to happen, but I feel sad about it none the less.

I wanted a dog my whole life and when I got Willoughby 5 and a half years ago the doggy shaped hole in my heart was filled. :) He has been with me through thick and thin and has even been with me before Dhrumil. I have treated him like a person, carrying him everywhere, talking to him like a baby and so on. He has given me his undying love and affection and has given me kisses when I needed them most.

Enter baby... it's crazy how much time she takes up and how much time I don't have left to give to Willoughby. I have been frustrated with him and his need for attention these past few weeks and I'm just going to have to balance it all out. Even with my focus being on Mikayla he still runs to me and loves me. He loves the baby and looks for her every morning.

Here's a promise to you Willoughby... more walks and more patience from me. I'm going to go find him and give him a big hug.

No comments: