Thursday, January 17, 2013

Trip to the Park... or not

Ah yes... a trip to the park. Easy enough, right? This is how our trip to the park went this morning.

The sun was shining after being dull and grey out for days... or at least I haven't noticed the sun until today. Anyways I was feeling buggy this morning and thought it would be easier to walk to the park instead of drive somewhere and so I told Mikayla to get ready for an exciting first time Mommy, Mimi and Nolan walk to the park!!

Here is how it went down...

1. The sun made me think it was warm out. How exciting!
2. After feeding baby, burping baby, changing baby, putting baby down to gather our coats, gloves, hats and baby carrier about 40 minutes had past.
3. No matter I was going to get us out of this house and Mikayla was excited so I couldn't bow out now. And then baby started to scream.
4. While baby screamed I stared at my Ergo trying to remember how it worked.
5. Baby still screaming I tried to look up a video on YouTube to see how to work the contraption.
5. Baby still screaming, I bundled Mikayla up and then she wanted to have a baby carrier too and so I put that on her with her dog Snow.
6. Sweating with my coat on, I put screaming baby into his warm coat thing and then into the carrier and then tried to buckle the thing... am I doing something wrong? Very hard to put the thing on!
7. Baby stopped screaming and I decided to climb up the stairs to look in the mirror to make sure the carrier was on ok, after walk back down Mikayla decided she had to look at herself in the mirror with dog Snow.
8. Still sweating profusely I had to go back upstairs for Mikayla.
9. FINALLY outside... the sun was gone at this point and it was freezing.
10. We made it halfway down the street, Mikayla was cold, I was cold, the dog was basically running, Mikayla told me "it is a long day and I want to go home" so we turned around and that was that.

An hour of prep... a five minute walk... at least we got outside. Now I remember why having a baby in spring is so much better!




2 comments:

Erin said...

I too agree that new baby in the spring is WAY better! When we don't have plans I go CRAZY being in the house!

Liz Danielsen said...

At least you tried. You will be telling this story years from now. You are a great mother and God will bless you for all your efforts. Love you. Tante Liz