Thursday, January 3, 2013

At Last

Crazy how long pregnancy takes... this morning I was rocking Nolan and the song At Last came on Pandora. I have always loved this song and danced to it at our wedding. This time it took on a new meaning and I was overcome with happiness at having my baby boy with me here at last! I also became a pile of mush when I thought that one day I will dance with my son at his wedding... I was filled realization of what a blessing it is to be entrusted by God to raise this little boy into the man he will one day become!

At last 
My love has come along
My lonely days are over
And life is like a song

Oh yeah yeah
At last

The skies above are blue
My heart was wrapped up in clover
The night I looked at you

I found a dream, that I could speak to
A dream that I can call my own
I found a thrill to press my cheek to
A thrill that I have never known

Oh yeah yeah
You smiled, you smiled
Oh and then the spell was cast
And here we are in heaven
for you are mine...

At Last


On a less sappy note... can anyone relate to how much is forgotten about the infant stage? I thought I would be a pro since I have been through it before, but not so much. I still had a list of questions for the Pediatrician, forgot how to open and close the stroller, was reminded about "unhappy hour" and poop explosions and also what it means to live on very little sleep. Ah well... I am definitely more relaxed this time around and that is a plus!


No comments: