Thursday, January 3, 2013

Me... now


I've been thinking about this blog post for a while now, but whenever I try to figure out what to write my mind just goes... blllllaaaaahhhhh. I think it is probably the lack of sleep. I did the same thing when I took a "me hour" and went grocery shopping.... I pushed the cart up and down the aisles, staring at the food, forgetting what I wanted to get and where I actually was. So is the life with a newborn.

So how am I? Honestly... this transition hasn't been the easiest, but I know this part doesn't last forever and before I know it I will be sobbing at my kid's high school graduations. And so... I try to take the difficult times with a grain of salt and give the precious moments my full attention.

I had read a friend's blog that said a book should be written about what happens to a women's body and emotions postpartum... I couldn't agree more! Even though I had already gone through it once before, you are never really prepared for the recovery (which took a bit longer this time) or the CRAZY hormones that make you cry one second, laugh the next and then make you feel like going outside in the snow to make an igloo and live alone for the next 10 years.  

I have been blessed with an AMAZING husband who has taken many days off and basically pushed me out the door for a few moments of alone time. He has helped me with Nolan at night, played with Mikayla non stop and tried to keep the house clean, food in the fridge and everyone bathed. My parents have also been a great help, visiting two different times, cooking for us, cleaning, telling me to take naps... 

And so... here I am... now. Two beautiful children in my life. It really is unfathomable that I am at this point in my life now. 

Christmas night... I was in a haze ;-)
I am looking forward to the normalcy that comes with routine being established, but I recognize that this infant stage is fleeting and so I am taking time to really savor it. My little boy is already a mama's boy, wanting to spend most moments when awake in my arms. I am just going with it and snuggling with his sweet jiggly infant self. 

Mikayla is her constant sweet self and when she sees Nolan in the morning or after her nap she always gives him kisses, squeals in delight and says... "He's SO cute" it just warms my heart!

It definitely gets challenging when both are crying at once... I'm still working on staying calm in such moments. It is also difficult not having any close friends here yet, it can be a bit isolating. 

This post is all over the place! But so is my life right now... guess it is fitting. 

No comments: