Saturday, November 24, 2012

The End

36 weeks (last Saturday)
I can't believe I am now in the remaining weeks of my pregnancy!! I feel like I have been pregnant forever and as I think back on events, most of which were in Connecticut, I realize... "oh yup, I was pregnant then." 9/10 months really is a long time when you think about it.

I am now ready for this little man to make his appearance and yet am struggling with the feelings of wanting our sweet family of three to stay just us. I know the moment he is born he will fit right in, like he was always here... but I am hugging Mikayla just a little longer these last few days while she is my one and only baby.

This pregnancy has been SO much easier than my first, but the circumstances of life have been a little tougher to navigate. However, I do believe I have done a good job and can't believe everything that has happened in the past nine months.

Some of the majors...
- Bat in our room and the decision of the rabies vaccine (continuing to pray this hasn't affected the baby)
- Ending my career (for now) and leaving a wonderful company
- Saying goodbye to amazing friends and a place that had truly become home
- Moving to the farmlands of PA
- Becoming a stay at home mom
- Buying our first house
- Having a Rottweiler chase me and Willoughby and having me fall and go to the hospital
- Switching Drs and hospitals at 35 weeks

So I guess it was more mental challenges than physical this time around. But I made it through and am now looking at a ginormous belly and can't wait to meet the little guy who is inside.

Family of three for just a few more weeks
Physically at this point it is hard to move around. I feel like a HUGE hippo and feel like everyone is staring at me. :) I can hardly tie my shoes and find myself waddling. I am also starting to have problems playing the violin as my belly is getting in the way. Tomorrow is going to be my last time in the church orchestra because I am only going to get bigger. I just have to laugh at myself and know that this to will come to an end. Thank God I haven't gotten PUPPS again (a horrible itchy rash I had last time). The one thing that is a bit uncomfortable is how this baby is just all over the place. My belly makes contortions I never thought possible and I keep feeling like he is going to jump out... a preview of what is to come? Oh dear!

So there you have it... hopefully my last post on being pregnant. Looking forward to having my body back, though it will look like it has been through a war. I know it will have all been worth it of course the moment my hearts grows and I fall in love with another sweet baby of mine!


37 Weeks today!





No comments: