Saturday, April 18, 2009

Icky Bugs and Little Mice... a story of creatures


So I've been having my share of wildlife in the past few weeks... unfortunately this doesn't have to do with cute creatures, rather those beings who make me want to lose my lunch.


First... we got back from Mexico and Dhrumil finds a dead mouse in our basement. Thankfully I didn't have to witness that. I did feel sad for the mouse... we have no clue how it passed away. Perhaps killer spider?


Next... I was about to take a shower and a nasty multi legged bug runs out. I screamed, grabbed the Raid and that was the end of that bug.


Then... I noticed our mouse friends were still around by the beautiful presents they left behind under our kitchen sink. Without thinking I purchased a half covered mouse trap, set it up myself without asking the assistance of my husband, and then forgot about it. Two days later I bent under the sink to grab the trash... and there was the murder scene. All I saw was the back part of the poor mouse, but that was enough. I screamed and then wept. Yes I did... called Dhrumil crying hysterically because I was part of the terrible act of ending the life of the mouse. Next time I'm going to buy a safe the life mouse trap and let them out in a field.

NOW... just got back from a movie. State of Play actually... very awesome movie. Anyways the theater is a little dingy, but you can see well, which is a big thing for someone who is short. After the movie we were walking to the car, I felt something bump me, looked down and saw the BIGGEST cockroach EVER. Ok to me it was big. I have therefore concluded that it was on me during the movie and made its escape during my flight to the car. AHHH

Please no more creatures. I'm off to shower off the roachness....


2 comments:

Kimi said...

i would have totally freaked out with both the mice and the roach. oh my. this entry gives me chills! i don't even do well with ants :)glad you survived to even blog about it!!

Ali said...

Ew ew ew, ICK! We have tons of little creatures around here, including spiders in ALL of our windows so I am afraid to open them to let the fresh air in =( boo! Luckily no roaches though! Jim found a rat in the barn the other day, glad I didn't see it! I hope you don't have any more encounters for a while!