Friday, April 3, 2009

Happy Birthday To You!

My birthday was two weeks ago and it was an AMAZING day! :) I was so blessed to be able to turn 27 in Mexico. Dhrumil made the day so special for me...

It started with a relaxing massage the melted everything away! When I came back to the beach I found Dhrumil with snorkel masks he had borrowed from the resort... we proceeded to go into the waters we had been swimming in the previous days and discovered a whole other world right under our feet. Crazy I had been swimming around not knowing so many fish were swimming with me...also a little freaky. ;-) After an amazing time on the beach we headed back to the room and ( was greeted with rose petals, champaign and a birthday cake! We ate the cake on our balcony overlooking the ocean... so peaceful. The day ended with a surprise romantic dinner on the beach where we were serenaded by a violinist.






I am now back home in CT replaying that day in my head. Such a carefree day... so full of relaxation, no cares in the world and love.
The reason I have been thinking about my birthday today is because I finally received my parents birthday present. :) My mom picked it out and being the creative person that she is I found in my mailbox "Happy Birthday to You!" a book by Dr. Seuss. I have never read this book and after reading it I not thought it was funny and cute, but I felt extremely empowered! Here is a small excerpt...
"So we'll go to the top of the toppest blue space,
The official Katroo Birthday Sounding-Off Place!
Come on! Open your mouth and sound off at the sky!
Shout loud at the top of your voice, "I AM I!
ME!
I am I!
And I may not know why
But I know that I like it
Three cheers! I AM I"
How awesome is that? It makes me excited to be me. :) I am special because I'm me. :) Think about it...









No comments: