Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Husband Speaks...The Moments of Life


Hey everyone, this is Dhrumil... I have never posted anything on this blog or any blog for that matter, so I thought I would give it a shot. This is supposed to be ElisaBeth AND Dhrumil's blog anyway...

ElisaBeth and I just recently got back from our trip to Mexico. We went for our 2nd Anniversary / ElisaBeth's birthday and had a wonderful time. It's so relaxing and refreshing to get away from the busyness of life.

While we were there, most of our time was spent just sitting at the beach in front of ocean and letting time pass by...I can't think of a more relaxing thing to do by the way. I was sitting there, taking a handful of sand in my hands and then letting it go, doing that over and over again.

I couldn't help but think of the passage in Psalms where it says "How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!"

Really? Think about this for a second...being the math nerd that I am, just think about that statement. I find it beyond astonishing that God, my Creator, the maker of the heavens and earth has even one single thought about me. But no, David says He has so many thoughts about me that they out number the grains of sand!

So back to Mexico... I pick up a handful of sand and actually try to count the grains of sand just in my hand (obviously impossible to do). And then I try to think what number would it actually be if we were to number all the grains of sand in the world. It is so beyond reality that I honestly can not fathom that statement in the Psalms.

It made me realize that sometimes I get so lost in this world, thinking I am in the center and it's all about me. I forget to realize how genuinely blessed I am to have this relationship with God that I sometimes take for granted. He is the one that died for me, yet He is the one that has unending thoughts about me. Shouldn't it be the other way around? He saved me, I didn't save Him.

I'm thankful for that one little moment in Mexico. The Holy Spirit gets at you in all places I guess. I'm thankful because it puts me in my place and makes me realize it's not just about me...

I pray that at some point in my life I could have even 1% of the thoughts that God has for me. I believe He deserves at least that much.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Hi Dhrumil, nice to "meet" you! I loved your post, it got me thinking too. It really is incredible and unfathomable. Thanks for helping put things back in perspective for me, we all need that every now and then!