Monday, January 19, 2009

You're Never too Old!






Every now and then Dhrumil and I find ourselves talking about how excited we are going to be when we have kids and how we're going to get to do fun kid things with them. Since Dhrumil came over from India when he was 7 he hasn't seen half the Disney movies I've seen, and he doesn't know any famous kids stories. He can't wait to read to his kids and learn those stories that most of us have known from birth. I can't wait to go back to the Children's Museums and paint with finger paints. :) That got me thinking though... why wait to have kids to once again experience things that we loves so much as children?


Today I decided to take charge of being like a kid... Dhrumil and I bundled up and headed outside into our huge yard. We then proceeded to make a snow man... or maybe more like a snow boy since he was kinda small. We threw snow at each other, made snow angels and just enjoyed the beauty that God has created. Yes we're excited to do this with our kids, but for now we'll have fun doing things like this together. :)

2 comments:

Kimi said...

I love this post...and you are so right to live in the moment! Looks like some fun memories were made :) Despite the freezing cold temps I've been watching out east, we've had a crazy beautiful winter with little snow (so far, at least)!! We're hoping to get at least one really good snow fall to bring Eli out in!!

Ali said...

That is awesome! I love the "snowboy" =) I bet you guys really had a blast, I can't wait to be able to take Jimmy out next winter!