Sunday, January 4, 2009

Too Soon

Death is something that we can't escape from... getting older means we are supposedly one more step closer to the end of our life on this earth. You might wonder why a 26 year old is thinking about the day that we will cease to exist as we are now... I should be thinking about all the people who have gotten married within the last four years, all of my friends who have progressed into the next steps of their jobs, all of the babies that are being born to my friends and what "big" piece of furniture Dhrumil and I should purchase to make our apartment less of a miss-match of IKEA and hand-me-downs.

Unfortunately in the past year I have known two people who have died way too soon. I have witnessed those they have left behind and what immeasurable pain they are experiencing. Isn't it too soon to have this happen in my life... to have this happen to beautiful, wonderful people who are still at the beginning of their lives? They have been shocked into adulthood by the loss that has impacted them for the rest of their lives. I will never understand why things like this happen. There is no escaping the pain that will continue until it is our turn to go. I can only pray for peace from God and the knowledge that one day we will all meet again.

No comments: