Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Unemployment Blues


As I mentioned I lost my job a few weeks ago because of a budget cut. I was finally in the nonprofit arena, but I guess I should have been prepared for the stability to be shaky compared to Oil Companies. This time has been a blessing because I was able to fly to Indiana and spend a few days with my mom and then drive back to the east coast with her and the remainder of my sister's things. (my sis lives in Brooklyn now) Oh the joys of a 15 hour drive which was 3 hours longer because of being stuck in dead stop, people out of there cars traffic in the middle of no-wheres-ville PA. Fun Times. This time has also been blah and below you will find an exciting list of something I like to call "unemployment blues."


- Cooking

- Cleaning

- Taking the dog out

- Doing the laundry

wait... ok fine I usually did some of this stuff, and Dhrumil still does the cooking but since I have SO much time I am more of the little "housewife" :) I did bake cookies!

- Staring at my dog

- Going to the library and looking for a job on the computer

- Going to the library and staring and trying to think of people I can network with

- Having lots of energy when Dhrumil gets home from a busy day and wanting to go on a 50 mile hike or something other than looking for a job and him being tired because he did just work all day


No comments: