Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Interviewing Thoughts

The past two weeks have been filled with interviews (6 to be exact) and all of them really haven't been for a job that would be my ideal. Yesterday as I was sitting in my car waiting for yet another interview I started jotting down some of my feelings on the subject... view my soul below. :)

The whole interviewing process is like a step in the direction of self examination. You have to decide what are your best skills, what you can bring to the company. You have to figure out what you are good at, what you would like to do. Yes, a job is needed for money and it is a part of life, but there is so much more to life for me. It all seems a bit idiotic at times. Walking into the plastic world of money and trying to sell yourself to perfect strangers who don't know you at all. Trying to put your life on a piece of paper and contort yourself to fit their specific "job type." Though the guards are up while interviewing, it is still a very vulnerable position that you put yourself in. Having to do this three times in three and half years has made me think so much about what is my "career purpose" in life. I have had to step back each time and figure out what my next move is, evaluate all I have learned, put myself back out there to be not only re-examined by myself, but also by perfect strangers.

No comments: