Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Glimpse

Sunday was a tough day. Mikayla woke up screaming at 5am and the rest of the day was filled with a little girl who was in pain from all of her teeth coming in. Needless to say she was not the happiest and Dhrumil and I tried to make the most of the day and just go with it.
 
By the time Mikayla woke up screaming from her short nap that afternoon the day felt never ending. I suggested we go to Waveny (a big beautiful park in our town) and without hesitation Dhrumil loaded the baby and wagon into the car while I grabbed the dog and a picnic blanket.
 
It was at Waveny where we saw Mikayla’s first smiles of the day while Dhrumil pulled her in the wagon across the great expanse of green grass. I had to find the perfect tree to lay under and Willoughby was in his glory running back and forth between all of us.
 
Lazily laying on a blanket reading a book was something I used to do all the time before I was a mother… times have changed. I was ready to take back one of the greatest pleasures, but as I stared up at the tree above I couldn’t help but turn to the sounds of giggling. A sweet high belly laugh came out of Mikayla who had just fallen in the soft grass followed by Dhrumil’s laughter which never fails to make me smile. I pushed my book aside and watched as Mikayla attempted to run around the field chasing the dog as Dhrumil chased both of them. It was then that I gasped… this was my family. MINE! They are beautiful and they are part of me and I of them. All of the exhaustion of the day lifted in that moment and I felt truly blessed and in awe of the gift I was entrusted with.
 
This short poem came from the feelings of that moment:
 
A day of crying a day of pain
A day where it all seems the same
 
But then a moment which stops all time
A stillness wanders into my mind
 
A beautiful image appears to me
And I know that for all of eternity
 
I have been blessed beyond all measure
This gift from God regards all splendor
 
My life has somehow become complete
And purpose finally will I meet
 
This blessing so pure and divine
Can only come from one so fine
 
I thank the Lord for all He’s done
A glimpse of Heaven as bright as the sun


1 comment:

Liz Danielsen said...

Great poem. Yes, we have so much to be thankful for. God is faithful. You have a beautiful family. Love Tante Liz