Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ducky!

To say that Mikayla loves birds would be an understatement 
And I’m afraid I don’t know which bird she likes the most since she calls them all “DUCKY”!!!!
 
First close bird encounter at 5 months old
The first bird Mikayla was introduced to was a rubber duck in her bath. This was the first toy that she smiled at and the first animal name she said.  Her first birthday party was duck themed as this was the logical choice to the one true love she had at the moment. We thought this would fade, but here we are 5 months later and duckies are still all the rage!
 
Ducky has expanded from the bathtub to all the birds on the earth. While on a walk Mikayla yells DUCKY and points to a bird that is flying by. While driving Mikayla yells ducky and I can only conclude that she must have seen a bird out of window. Watching the geese swim in the pond … ducky! While tweeting like a bird (yes I do this)… ducky! Looking at the parrots in the pet store… ducky.
 
Ducky from tante tina
She has books with ducks, she loves songs about ducks. She loves to watch UP with the bird Kevin who she calls ducky. I now hear ducky multiple times in a day and am never quite sure which one she is referring to.
 
And now… a new duck has joined in the form of a flying rat… the famous NYC pigeons. Mikayla had the time of her life this past weekend chasing pigeons around a park at the base of the Brooklyn Bridge.
 
I wonder if she would pet one if she could?
This little girl shows no fear in the face of Duckies!
 
Now my only hope is that she will outgrow this phase before I hear the words “mommy I want a ducky for Christmas”
Her best bath friends
Her Easter friend
Taking her duck on a walk

Her new found DUCKY friends

She was determined to catch them

Where did all of my friends go?
 
 

No comments: