Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Stop and Hear the Locusts

When is that last time you stopped and heard the Locusts? This past weekend I had two instances where I noticed little examples of needing to slow down. 


The first was with the flowers I have by the back door. I usually just rush past them, but for some reason I took notice and realized they were in desperate need of water. After watering them they left my mind until the next day… while rushing by again I was stopped dead in my tracks by their beauty and how alive they looked. Wow… never realized how much water does for plants.... yes DUH I knew this, but it took me that second to stop and look to really see what a little watering can do. 


The other instance was while walking Mikayla and Willoughby … not until the very end of our walk did I realize the LOUD buzzing of the locusts which to me signifies the heart of Summer… wow I thought… I had no clue they were around now. I had to again STOP (I stopped because the dog was sniffing) and take time to look around my surroundings. 


Guess plants and locusts gave me my life lesson for the weekend. Today I am going to make sure I take a few moments to stop, observe, and thank God for all He has given me.

No comments: