Monday, August 23, 2010

A Blessed Night

Dad dedicating Mikayla
Last weekend we had a service to dedicate Mikayla to God and also to commission Christina and Clinton as they headed off to Ecuador. What a blessing the service was! With family and friends there to support us, a mom who put everything together and a talented father who did the music, this night will always hold a special place in my heart.


 At my own dedication my dad sang a song he had written and Saturday night he sang the same song for our sweet Mikayla. It was such a special moment.

The night before I was listening to a tape recording of my baby dedication and hearing all the pastor had said brought tears to my eyes… he prayed I would know God and I do! What an amazing thing. 

I pray that Mikayla will come to know and love God as we do. I pray that Dhrumil and I can uphold the vows we took and give our child completely to God.

Pslams 139:

For you created my inmost being; 
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
your works are wonderful, 
I know that full well.


My frame was not hidden from you 
when I was made in the secret place. 
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,


your eyes saw my unformed body. 
All the days ordained for me 
were written in your book 
before one of them came to be.  



1 comment:

Amy Stewart said...

I LOVE those pictures! What a special night. That psalm always reminds me of your mom. I remember her teaching it to the kids choirs and whenever I hear it, I think of her. Please give your family big big hugs from me.
amy :)