Saturday, July 31, 2010

On My Mind

I want to know if all women who become mothers also become big saps or is it just me!? First of all having Mikayla seems like yesterday. I keep replaying the amazing experience I had giving birth over and over again in my mind. I keep thinking… I can’t believe I did that, I can’t believe she came from me, that was the most incredible experience of my life, I’ve never felt so close to Dhrumil, I’ve never seen my body work that way and so on… Will it ever get old!? Will the experience ever fade away!? Granted she has only been here for 5 months, but most of the time I feel like it has been so much longer. Maybe I will be done processing what happened in 9 months. It took her 9 months to get here, 9 months to get mentally prepared to be a mother, 9 months to be ready to give birth naturally. The actual birth was pretty fast though… 9 months to create her, but only 12 hours for her to come into the world and then BOOM parents. 


Last night I was watching the video of when she was first born… crying. Today I was reading my birth experience…crying. Her first smile…sniff. Her first laugh…sniff sniff. The moment we shared last week when I came home… she smiled and cooed and looked at me with SUCH love… bring on the water works. Sigh. I guess that’s what I have to look forward to… finding joy in each new milestone… joy that makes me cry… joy that makes me proud… joy that makes me who I am. Thank you Mikayla Rose for giving me the experience of being your mommy! Where are the tissues?

No comments: