Tuesday, August 9, 2016

An Ode to the End

How my daughter views my massive baby bump
You'd think I'd be all sentimental at this point in my pregnancy... especially since the plan is for this to be the last baby. The last experience of the miracle of life growing inside of me. I had thought these last 6 (maybe less!?!?!) weeks would be of me cherishing my growing belly, my glowing self and the silence before the screaming.

But alas... I have never been pregnant in the DEAD of summer, I have never been pregnant with a THIRD baby and goodness I had completely forgotten how UNCOMFORTABLE this whole thing is... especially this time around. And so to remember this time in a realness you can only expect from me...




My legs fall asleep while I sit down to pee
My belly is itchy as itchy can be

When I sleep the baby thinks it's time to play
And if I don't take a nap I'll be a grump all day

Chasing after kids when you're as large as a house
Makes you look like a mad elephant instead of a mouse

My belly has become a dangerous thing
Because of the children who fall with one swing

Chores such as laundry and cooking and cleaning
Are done at the speed of a snail who is weaving

But at least I can laugh and so can the kids
And so can the stranger who's all up in my biz

So body you're amazing as you grow this little person
But hey I think baby building has become quite an aversion

No comments: