Sunday, June 16, 2013

He's There... Even When You're Not

I had gotten to the point a few days ago where I was unable to pray.

Frustrated after doing so well for so many weeks to only be back at square one... or even further back... I just wanted to give up and give in to the black cloud the was chasing away any part of myself that I thought I had gotten back. I was evaporating once again into a shell of my former self and it was a hopeless place to be.

Thankfully when I shared this feeling to a few close people... instead of scoffing at the idea that I couldn't pray or look down their noses at me... they did the opposite. They came to me with words of compassion, wisdom and understanding. I felt loved by them and felt the love of God through them. I was reminded that even if I couldn't pray... they could pray for me. That even if I couldn't come to God in that moment because I was angry, weary, exhausted... that He was still there with me, holding my hand. And that once again... I wasn't alone in my fight.

This morning at church as I was singing the great hymn, How Great Thou Art, I felt God's presence all around me. The beautiful image of His hand holding me, protecting me and guiding me came to me... and I was at peace.

Even in the midst of the darkness... I see the light!

Thankful for a glorious laugh today!

No comments: