Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Only Child

Today something very random happened to me while sitting in story time with Mikayla. She was snuggled up against me and we were listening to a story about a little lamb and butterfly. I was  loving the cuddle time and then it hit me... soon it would no longer be just the two of us. It was very difficult to not just start sobbing right then and there.

I guess I haven't really thought about the fact that Mikayla will no longer be an only child. In these past two months of being a stay at home mom the challenges have been daily, but looking back the rewards have been great. I have been given a gift to spend these last months with Mikayla in tons of one on one time and undivided attention. I am going to try dwell on this fact in the remaining weeks that follow and make the most of mama and Mimi time!


No comments: