Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The 3rd Week as Baby and Mom


As I type this post with one hand (Mikayla is in my other) it's hard to believe 3.5 weeks has gone by! It's even crazier seeing all the changes that are happening already. These last days were full of firsts for the baby...
- first "playdate" with three boy babies
- first trip to church (we sat in the back and when she made a little peep Dhrumil ran out with her heehee)
- first trip to NY to visit the Shah side of the family... she did great in the car
- first trip to a restaurant
- first bottle (she is not a fan but we will have to keep trying since she'll have no other option when I go back to work)
- first 4.5 hour stretch of sleeping at night!!!
- first big eyed stare and giving me a small glimpse of myself in her

Dhrumil and I are slowly settling in and trying to figure out how to keep our lives going and just adding her into it. I feel like with each day we both become more confident and it's a a good feeling.

I still have so much to learn though... one funny story... I was telling my mom this morning how Mikayla hates hats... she screams when I put them on her. Well my mom replied tough just put it on her you're the mom... DUH... this thought hadn't even crossed my mind. Yes the hat needs to be worn in the cold weather and yes now I'm the mom and I need to just make her wear it. :)

Whew one hand typing takes forever.

No comments: