Friday, February 26, 2010

Dealing

That's my motto now... dealing with it. Yesterday I was diagnosed with PUPPS, an itchy rash that about 1 in 150 women get the last few weeks of pregnancy. It started out not too bad last week, but has escalated to all over my body... kinda feels like I have a sun rash or tiny bug bites everywhere. Unfortunately it will only go away once I deliver and so that makes me want the baby here even more. I have had my moments between oatmeal baths, ice compresses and Benadryl that I got close to losing it, but I'm sticking it out. Yes it sucks, but what can I do. I'm taking each hour at a time and just dealing.

Today we had tons of snow and to give myself some distraction and cooling relief I took time to go outside... all clothes I'm wearing in the picture are Dhrumils. :) God painted a beautiful picture today and it helped me focus on the beauty that my baby will bring and that this is all worth it! :)

3 comments:

Kimi said...

oh i'm soo sooo sorry...that sounds miserable! i thought i had PUPPs during my last pregnancy, but it turns out i was allergic to a medication i was taking...but i had itchy hives most of my pregnancy and i thought i was going to go crazy!! hang in there...i hope your baby comes soon and very soon so you can have some relief!! oh, and tell dhrumil i like his pink gloves...hehe!!

Ali said...

Oh no, how awful! I am so sorry you are so itchy =( Come on baby Shah, come soon!! You look so cute in Dhrumil's clothes lol, I remember wearing some of Jim's stuff last time. Most of it was super huge though, he is 6'4"! Hang in there, I am praying for you!

Cousin B said...

Hi, I'm just blog hopping, and happened upon yours, but I sure enjoyed your stories...I wish you luck on your delivery, and so sorry you have the itchies right now that must be awful! Common baby!