Monday, January 4, 2010

Musings from the Third Trimester


Crazy we have two months to go before the baby arrives!!! At times it puts me in panic mode... "what do I have to do, what do I have to read, how can I prepare" and at other times I use my favorite motto "I won't think about that today, I'll think about it tomorrow" Since being a month into the third trimester I have encountered the following things...

- Bathroom stalls are getting smaller
- Depending on the person… I'm either looking small or big
- I think my child wants to escape through my navel and I can’t help returning to a certain scene in Twilight in the last book (I wont go into detail if some of you have yet to read it)
- Dhrumil’s former boss is my new best friend… his advice to Dhrumil… “say yes to everything in the third trimester, treat her like a queen, don’t ask why when she asks you to do things”
- Dhrumil thinks it’s amusing when I can’t squeeze by in our bathroom while he’s at the sink and how I collapse into the car
- People (aka strangers) are now certain I am preggers and they have begun asking how the baby is and when she is due and so on
- My skin has decided it has had enough of being clear… boooo
- Whilst eating a piece of broccoli for a snack one of my traders said “geesh don’t make the kid too healthy”
- Row W in a basketball stadium is a lot farther up than normal
- Sitting in Row W for a basketball game has gotten uncomfortable
- My daughter has hiccups all the time
- Did I mention she wants to escape?
- I have a small fear that the ultrasound woman was wrong and we're going to have a boy... what will I do with all things pink!?
- Today in the elevator a coworker told me that men could never do what women do in having babies "we're wimps and we'd cry"
- Every parking lot we enter Dhrumil STILL wants to know if there is an expectant mothers spot... obviously there never is except at Babysrus... please see above photo
- My line of "I'm like this because I'm pregnant" is getting old on some people... my sister for example and probably my husband :)
- I can NOT for the life of me find a rug for the nursery and it has become my obsession, you can see proof my looking at the lint of my coat from many a rug

30 weeks

2 comments:

Amy Stewart said...

You are looking so beautiful, Elisabeth! I see a lot of your mother in you. Can't wait to see pictures of your little girl. you're almost there!

Ariavark said...

Yep - I've always thought it was funny that one person could tell me with concern "No, honey, the doctors are wrong. You can't be only 30 weeks - that baby's coming out tomorrow," while another could say "You're only 30 weeks?! You're so tiny!" Oh, and the "I'm like this because I'm pregnant" excuse may be getting old, but it's still valid. A couple of weeks after Sonnet was born, my husband told me that he was so glad I was in a good mood again!;-)
You're almost there! Go, ElisaBeth!