Monday, November 19, 2007

The Chair Story

This is a story about at store (Ikea) a couple (Dhrumil and ElisaBeth) a chair (a comfy one) a major highway (95 South) and a car ('05 Camry)...

I woke up on Saturday with an amazing idea. Let's go to Ikea and just look and maybe purchase a few small organizational items. Dhrumil, of course, knew that going to Ikea meant more for me than just eating Swedish meatballs, it meant possibly buying a piece of furniture. With this thought he decided to take the Camry since it is our "large car" and my little Cobalt can only hold so much. Walking around Ikea, my stomach happy and full of meatballs, I had another amazing idea... let's buy a chair NOW. Dhrumil, ofcourse knowing I would decide this, said ok and we picked out a very nice one.

In the past we have been able to maneuver Ikea furniture into our car. Not this time. Ends up after 1 hour of trying to push the chair into the car we had to strap it to the top... no easy feat for a tall man and a short little woman... and drive 40 miles on the busiest interstate around back to our apartment. WE DID IT and we felt great for doing it. :) Teamwork...

We love the chair.

No comments: