Tuesday, January 25, 2011

10 Months

What defines month 10 of Mikayla? Well what I really need is a picture of her mouth which is now full of teeth!! Hard to believe my sweet toothless baby's 9 month appointment was dominated by her  naive mommy asking the Dr. "I'm concerned she has no teeth" to which the Dr. replied "Um I see three coming in, look the top one you can see" WHOOPS! Yeah my brain and head are definitely separated.

Mikayla now has 6 teeth which are almost all the way in. 4 top in a row and the two bottom middle. So cute, though I do miss her sweet gummy grins. Just another reminder that my sweet baby girl is almost a toddler. SNIFF.

So what else makes Mikayla who she is right now?

- SHE LOOKS LIKE ME SHE LOOKS LIKE ME! Ok so maybe she doesn't care, but I can FINALLY see myself in her. Some of her looks freak me out and I get so excited. :) For a sweet mini D it's nice to now have a little of me. (ok that was not supposed to be a witty ditty)
- Mikayla crawls mad fast
- Mikayla's vocabulary now consists of (and I quote) HI HI HI HI HI hi hi mama HI HI HI HI HI da hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi ba goobadoba HIHIHIHIHIHIHI. The girl won't stop saying HI! So funny for a first word. :)
-She thinks she knows what she is saying when she talks gibberish. Our conversations go as follows... "hi goodabado bama dooo hi hi" "oh really that sounds like a very interesting idea for your birthday party"
- She is pulling herself up on everything
- She once again points at everything, waves when she wants too, loves reading books and saying... yup you guessed it, "hi" to them
- Her personality is coming out more and more... she is IMPATIENT!
- In new places she takes it all in... quietly watching and listening and then she starts to explore and talk
- She cracks herself up
- She melts mommy's heart with her hugs and kisses and HI!
- She hangs onto my leg as I try to do things
- She sleeps throughout the night... oh wait... only when she isn't sick which is never now a days
- She LOVES to eat and puffs are a lifesaver! The great silencer I call them. :)
- She likes to hand things to me now and also enjoys putting toys in bags or baskets
- She makes up games for herself
- She could spend minutes on end going up and down our one stair (with close supervision of course!)
- Oh... and Dhrumil taught her touchdown. SIGH

Preparing for one of the many snow storms

No comments: