Monday, November 23, 2009

Baby Shower - Indian Style :)

Last night Dhrumil and I were thrown a baby shower by his family. We were able to celebrate the upcoming arrival of our daughter with Dhrumil's family and friends and participate in a small ceremony. There was great company, food and decorations. I think last night I was really hit with the thought that I will be making the step into motherhood shortly. It was great to have mothers at the shower who gave me advice and things to think about. I've been reading about other cultures and how they look at a baby coming into the world and was taken by how much they celebrate the woman who is becoming the mother. I don't think we do that enough in America. This is such a huge HUGE step for a woman and celebrating her and supporting her is really important. After giving birth I will be in the "mothers" club and will have taken that important step in life. What a crazy thought! :)
I must say my outfit was very comfy and I almost didn't look preggo... a glimpse into the past. :) I am even more excited for our little girl to get here, but will take the next few months to continue to prepare for her!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

So cute, EB! You're gonna be such a great mama to your little girlie!