Friday, September 7, 2007

Tangents

My oh my... I have so many thoughts running through my head today that I could write about. have I mentioned the interviewing process SUCKS!? I thought to myself... hey since you've been through this a couple of times maybe you should create a business catering to people like you. Young, talented, and unlucky. Nah, bad idea. So it looks like I may go back into the oil business. So very ironic for those of you who know me and realize that oil is not the thing I'm most passionate. Well, when life gives you oil make gasoline!

Let's talk about making friends. I mean the friends past the stage of "hi how are you, how is work, how is life" and your reply is "I am not so great, work is nonexistent, life is OK" in which they answer "oh that's nice" Those type of friends don't just drop into your lap. I feel like ever since I have left college I have been struggling to make those type of friends. Man I would have thought it would get easier by now or the stork would have dropped off my new bff at my front doorstep by now. What is it about this stage of life? I have a feeling it only gets more difficult. Even if I had a kid and was involved in play dates, probably the most I would get from a woman would be "oh little Johnny pooped pink the other day" to which I would reply "he probably ate watermelon"


I'm not saying I haven't made any friends besides my hunk of a husband. I have many friends, and they are all wonderful people AND I have gotten past some of the initial shallowness to have deep and meaningful conversations, but there is something missing. Maybe it is because life gets in the way and people don't have enough time to invest in each other. BUT life is RELATIONSHIPS... is it not? There is a comfort level that is not there sometimes. We have all created our own worlds with our spouses that sometimes it is hard to let other people in. Or maybe we are just tired. We have to invest so much into our relationship with God, with our spouse, with our family and with work that time just slips out of our grasp.


Blink, blink, blink I'm watching the cursor because I don't know where to go from here. Where can I find those meaningful relationships that have come so easy to me my whole life?

No comments: